Signs of Erectile Dysfunction
• Difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection occurring at least once in every four times of attempting sexual intercourse, or persisting for more than one month.
• Achieving an erection taking longer than usual or becoming more difficult in certain positions.
• Sexual erection becoming weaker or less rigid.
• Maintaining an erection becoming a conscious effort or becoming more and more difficult.
• Morning erections becoming less frequent or less rigid.
• Climaxing or ejaculating more rapidly or with an incomplete erection.
How Common Is
Erectile Dysfunction is very common. Although most often seen in men over the age of 40, ED can affect men of all ages. According to the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, which was the largest-ever survey of male erectile dysfunction, is even more common than once thought.
How Common Is
- 52% of all men between the ages of 40 and 70 have some degree of erectile dysfunction (classified as mild, moderate or severe).
- At least 1 in 10 men cannot get an erection at all (complete ED).
- The majority of causes of erectile dysfunction are physical in nature.
- There is a strong association between age and ED – that is, the prevalence of ED increases with age.
- While 39% of men at the age of 40 are affected by ED, 67% of men at the age of 70 are affected.